Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Back to Work, Need a Nugget?

Today was my first day back at work for two weeks over the holidays. If I had my choice we would keep praising Jesus for his birth, life, death, ressurection and the gift of the Holy Spirit that he left us instead of going back to work.

A good nugget from Christ is in James 1:19, to be applied in life or in business or anywhere... that we should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger.

Another bit of biz-wiz-dom I got from my brother a few years ago. We were speaking about some investors in a company he was trying to form and how they were NOT listening to the guidance that was given from those who know the industry the best. He said, "you can't fix stupid".

After letting that soak in for a while, I began to realize how profound that statement really is. And how much grief you can put yourself in for if you dont heed its wisdom.

You can go around stupid, you can eliminate it (in some cases), you can avoid it but you cannot change it.

Think on that for a few minutes and you will see the genius start to eminate from such a simple statement.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home